There are many reasons why you might want to hire a private investigator in Dallas Texas. You may wish to obtain extra security, find a missing person, or screen a potential employee. Regardless of your reason for hiring a private investigator, you want to be careful in how you go about finding and choosing one. You will be investing a great deal into the PI you hire, not only in terms of money, but also trust. You need to be sure that the investigator will work for your best interest and not try to take advantage of you.
Red Flags To Avoid
There are many legitimate private investigation firms ready and willing to serve you to the best of their abilities. Unfortunately, a lot of scam artists pose as legitimate investigators to rip you off at the first available opportunity.
There are specific warning signs that indicate that the investigator you’re talking with is not right for you:
- Doesn’t have an office
- Doesn’t have a website
- Pressures you into hiring them
- Doesn’t ask you any questions
- Promises the exact results you want
- Offers or agrees to do illegal things
By law, there are certain things a private investigator cannot do for you in an Infadelity investigation. These include tapping into someone else’s online accounts (social media, email, etc.) or wiretapping someone’s phones. You shouldn’t ask a private investigator to do any of these things for you. And if the PI offers to do them, it indicates that this is not someone you should hire.
Places To Start Looking
Web searches are good ways to find information about private investigators, but they are not the first places you should start looking, and you should never hire a private investigator on the basis of a print or online ad alone.
As with many services, the best way to find a private investigator is referrals from trusted sources. If you have a friend or family member who has hired a PI in the past, you can ask for the name of the agency. Then make sure your acquaintance was satisfied with the service.
However, you may not know anyone who has hired a private investigator in the past. If that’s the case, there are other places to obtain referrals:
- Criminal defense lawyers
- Sheriff’s department watch commander
- Local FBI duty agency
- Police department clerk
Ways To Vet a Private Investigator
Once you have the names of a few candidates, you should narrow down the list by checking to see if each has a good reputation. Check to see if the agency is a member of the Better Business Bureau, or if any past clients have lodged complaints against it with the BBB. Your state’s private investigator association should also have records of any complaints or disciplinary actions against the PI or the firm.
Questions To Ask a Private Investigator
A legitimate PI should offer you an initial consultation at no charge. This is an opportunity to meet the investigator face to face and gauge whether this is a person in whom you can place your trust. When meeting with a private investigator you’re thinking about hiring, the following are good questions to ask.
- “Can You Provide References?”
A private investigator unwilling or unable to provide references for past clients is not trustworthy. Be sure you check out any references provided to make sure they are on the up and up.
- “Are You Licensed?”
Most states have licensing requirements for private investigators, although some are more stringent than others. If the investigator answers in the affirmative, ask for the licensing number so you can check.
- “Are You Insured?”
This is important because if the PI is not insured, you could be held liable for any damages resulting from the investigation. In some states, errors and omissions insurance is a requirement to obtain a private investigator license.
- “Do You Have a Specialty or Area of Expertise?”
Like many professionals, private investigators sometimes specialize in a particular area. It’s often best to hire someone with expertise in the type of service you require.
- “What Is Your Professional Background?”
You should look for a private investigator with previous experience in law enforcement, such as with the state or local police or the FBI. Also ask about any professional certifications or degrees in relevant educational programs, such as sociology or criminal justice.
Before hiring an investigator, you should take a moment to ask yourself if you are prepared to cope with the outcome of the investigation. You might find out something that you don’t want to know, or you may be upset if the results are not what you expected or wanted. Once you decide that you’re ready to hire a private investigator, contact A True Pi to find out more about available services.
A True PI in Dallas Texas specializes in Surveillance. Private investigator’s posses with artistic advanced techniques to help our clients achieve extraordinary results during a surveillance investigation. A True PI can uncover sensitive and confidential information, within the legal guidelines. A surveillance detective can testify as an expert witness in a court of law; And the evidence would be admissible within the courts procedures, in compliance with State and Federal law guidelines.
The most dangerous, illegal, costly and reckless act is to start your own surveillance. Following a person is not an easy task and causes many people to be involved in deadly auto accidents and even worse; If you have no idea who you are investigating, watching or following around. You will find yourself in uncharted and dangerous situations that may increase your legal problems. Not to mention, of course it’s illegal for anyone to start or commence their own surveillance. A True PI in Dallas and surrounding counties can cover the entire state of Texas. A True PI investigator’s always provide clients with integrity shots with the most advanced camera and video equipment.
Any and all videos and evidence must be obtained by a licensed private investigator during a worker compensation defense, Sub-Rosa investigation, or evidence that will be entered in a court of law. Any other way such you or a friend helping by taking pictures, videos or evidence will not be admitted in court; Since it was not recorded and or collected by a licensed private investigator who is responsible to authenticate the evidence to be submitted, recognized and accepted in a court of law.
If you would like a free consultation tailored to your specific case parameters and needs; Then please just give us a call at 1-888-987-8374
If you’re caught running a surveillance or following a person around, you maybe charged with stalking, arrested and even a restraining order filed against you. The cost of surveillance can triple after an individual starts their surveillance and investigation without a private investigator; Since it would take the private investigator longer to capture the evidence due to a compromise.
Surveillance is an art that an investigator masters from years of experience through trial and error. Surveillance may sound simple, however, there are several obstacles that meet the most experienced investigator. For example Surveillance requires a private investigator to sit in a vehicle for long hours in the middle of the day, while being quiet and alert of the surroundings. Private Investigators must keep a close watch on the subject in order to be ready and follow.
Surveillance – A private investigator watches your spouse using advanced surveillance methods to ensure that you obtain the evidence you need. Some of these methods include tracking your spouse’s vehicle, searching their assets, and monitoring their internet activity.
Infidelity / Cheating Spouse Investigation
Is your husband or wife cheating?
The suspicion that your spouse may be cheating is a painful thought. Unfortunately, if you have a suspicion that your spouse is unfaithful, you may be right. According to statistics, wives who suspect their husbands of cheating are correct 85% of the time, while husbands who suspect their wives of cheating are correct 50% of the time. Therapist Peggy Vaughan’s research has suggested that approximately 60% of men and 40% of women will cheat at least once in their marriage. Despite the prevalence of cheating, 70% of married women and 54% of married men do not know about their spouse’s infidelity. These statistics do not even include nontraditional forms of infidelity. It is estimated that 40 million Americans have virtual encounters of a sexual nature on the internet which many consider to be “emotional affairs”.
What are the common signs of a cheating spouse?
In a cheating spouse infographic released by PINow in February 2012, infidelity investigators noted six of the most common signs of cheating:
- Changes in intimacy: A distinct increase or decrease in intimacy, affection levels, and/or sexual preferences may indicate infidelity.
- Suspicious phone habits: A spouse that hides his or her phone or is secretive about their call logs and text messages may be cheating.
- Changes in appearance: A marked change in style of dress, intimate wear, and/or personal hygiene can be a clue.
- Suspicious internet use: Much like phone habits, a cheating spouse may be overly secretive when it comes to their browser history and general internet and computer habits.
- Changes in work routine: It may seem like a cliche but a husband or wife that suddenly needs to “work late” or “go to a conference” frequently is a sign of infidelity.
- Changes in bathing habits: A spouse that showers right when they get home, switches cologne or perfume, or changes their grooming habits can be a sign of cheating.
If you have suspicions we are here to help! Call a Specialist at A True PI Now for a No Cost Confidential Consultation! 1-888-987-8374
Infidelity is hard on the heart, mind, and soul. When you suspect that the person you love is cheating on you, you may want confirmation of their infidelity as much as you don’t want to know. Take it from private investigators – it’s always better to know what’s really going on. Knowledge is power, and you can make all the decisions when you’re the one in charge. Not sure whether a Dallas infidelity investigation is really necessary? Here are some signs that say otherwise.
You obsessively check his/her phone or social media.
You may feel like you’re the most qualified person to check up on your significant other’s activities, but attempting to uncover their infidelity on your own can be disastrous. If your partner is savvy about their deception, he or she will stay off social media entirely for the duration of their affair and may even use a separate phone to communicate with the person they’re cheating with.
Often, there is no obvious proof of infidelity – but that doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. You’ll just drive yourself crazy and waste precious time trying to check up on your spouse. Let an investigator do the digging.
You’re ready to confront him/her.
You have no proof of infidelity, but you have long suspected it. If your significant other has made a hobby of evading and lying to you, confronting him or her with no proof will only make you feel more nuts. Cheaters are good at lies, manipulation, gaslighting, and turning around the situation so you seem like the one who is doing something wrong.
Initiating a Dallas infidelity investigation ensures that you have the proof you need so you can hold that up to your partner’s face and stop them in the middle of their lies. That being said, the investigation may also uncover that there isn’t anything going on – in which case, you’ve saved yourself from putting a major dent in your relationship.
You just have a feeling.
We get it. You just think something is going on. Chances are, you’re probably right. That gut feeling is important and you have to listen to it. But it’s always a good idea to get confirmation one way or the other.
What Happens in Dallas Infidelity Investigations
Discretion is key in every undercover investigation, especially when it comes to Dallas infidelity investigations. When you hire a private investigator to look into your partner’s whereabouts, habits, and associates, the following surveillance will happen:
- Follow the subject
- Identify who he/she spends time with
- Monitor online activity
- Take photos and videos
- Trace emails
- Use a vehicle tracking device
- Conduct asset searches
Sure, you could follow your partner yourself, but how well can you stay out of the way so you’re not noticed? Professional investigators are anonymous to your partner and their job is to blend in and look natural in a situation while gathering intel about your spouse’s activities.
Worried your partner is cheating on you? Contact A True PI in Dallas Texas to discuss a private Dallas infidelity investigation.
Get the answers you need right away just give us a call at 1-888-987-8374.
Do you have suspicions of a cheating spouse?
This is the question that goes through the mind of any individual who has raised suspicion about his/her spouse. Do I have a cheating spouse? This is a very painful and dreadful question to ask yourself, but if you have strong feelings that it may be happening to you, then most likely it is. Although the media may have planted this thought through shows like Cheaters and many instances blasted on social media of a cheating spouse; the signs that slap you in the face in your own relationship may be a strong indication that it’s your reality as well.
Signs your partner is cheating
It is understandable to think that your spouse is cheating when you see strange behavior, especially if the relationship seems a bit rocky at the time. Changes in your spouse’s habits and odd behavior may be very well linked to infidelity, so keep a very good eye on these things. While every situation is different and cheating can manifest itself in many forms, the following are definitely a few signs to consider as possible links to infidelity when they come up:
- A decrease in sexual intimacy and affection.
- Suspicious habits with their phone such as, changing the passcode, hiding the screen when receiving a notification, clearing the browser history, etc.
- Sudden changes in work schedule and coming home late from work.
- Constantly moving to a different room in the home that you’re not in.
- Making sudden improvements to their physical appearance and hygiene.
- Being less communicative and avoiding any conversation with you.
- Seems nervous every time you try to have a talk.
- You sense indifference from your spouse and don’t seem interested in any activities with you, inside or outside the house.
- Excessive spending on unknown items and bills are not being paid.
- Leaving the house late at night, while you’re sleeping.
These signs may be the determining factor that your spouse is in fact cheating. However, it also may be a mirage, deceiving your sight and leading you to believe something that is not happening. So be very careful to go on accusing based on signs and gut feeling alone, without having the facts lined up.
Do not confront your partner until you find evidence
When you see signs of infidelity, your immediate reaction may be to confront your partner, but this may not be the best idea right away. Confronting your partner directly about how you feel, may not be the best idea without strong evidence. Your spouse may just simply lie to you and tell you that nothing is happening if you don’t bring solid proof to the table.
The next time they do it again, they will probably begin to be more careful and secretive with everything they do, to prevent you from discovering the truth. So don’t go on immediately accusing your spouse without the facts. Be prepared and emotionally ready with strong evidence before you bring it up at the dinner table.
There may be indirect conversations you may be able to strike with your partner concerning infidelity that may provide you some strong leads. This is a very delicate topic, especially if your spouse is actually cheating, so make sure that the conversation you have isn’t raising suspicions to them that you have concerns of infidelity. Be patient and look for signs in the conversation, because if they are or have been actively cheating, they will tell on themselves.
However, some people are very good at disguising and masking the truth, so make sure you are also doing your due diligence and research outside of these conversations, to find out what’s really happening.
How to conduct a cheating spouse investigation
It can be quite challenging to identify if a spouse is cheating, because they lie and take advantage of the trust that their spouse has in them. This allows them to easily disguise themselves and put on a mask to not get caught in the act. However, there is always a trail of signs left behind and if you become suspicious, it is your job to begin investigating and finding out if your intuition is telling you the truth about what is actually going on.
You may ask yourself “well, where do I begin my investigation?”. Below is a list of steps you can take towards your discovery:
- Check yourself for STD: Although this is something that should be done regularly, the best time to get tested is when you have suspicions that your partner is cheating. If the results come back positive and you have only been intimate with your partner, this may be a huge sign that your partner is being unfaithful to you.
- Look for receipts or random documents: Check around your home for receipts or any paperwork that seems suspicious to you. You can check in areas in your home where your spouse spends most of their time, in their vehicle or even in the trash. Anything you can find that doesn’t seem normal can be an indication that they are up to no good.
- Check bank statements: Seeing what your spouse is spending their money on can be a great way to find out if they’re cheating. Taking random restaurant or liquor store visits without your knowledge can be a major indication of this. Check their bank statements if you have access to this to verify any unusual activity.
- Check or set up a home security system: If you have a home security system, this may be a good way to see if you can find any unusual activity, especially while you’re at work. However, if you don’t have one, you may want to set one up in your home, but be very careful to not identify it as a means to discover infidelity in your relationship. Talk to your spouse about it to see if they are fine with it. If they seem resistant to the idea for no apparent reason, then this could be a sign.
- Check their phone records: If you’re under the same phone plan with your spouse, you can request a print out of call history and text history from your carrier. If not, see if your spouse receives a bill in the mail and check for any unusual activity.
- Check their cellphone: If you have access to their phone or can somehow gain access while it is left unattended, this may be one of the best ways to dig up some dirt. Go through text messages, email photos and random documents saved on the phone. Also check their browsing history or even GPS history to see where they have recently gone. Checking messages, comments and what has been searched on social media is also a good place to check. Be prepared to discover the worst possible, because this is where most of the dirt can be found.
- Follow them around: Your partner may leave at random hours of the night or times of the day without not knowing exactly where they are going. Get in your own car or find a way to get around and follow your partner. This is a good way to see if they are on their way to have an affair.
Hire a cheating spouse investigator
This may be too much work for you to do or perhaps you’re too scared to do it yourself. This is one of the reasons why there are professional private investigators who handle these types of investigations. You may have to go to the bank with this option, but it’s the professional way to go about it and it will alleviate the stress and fear of doing it yourself. You may be feeling too overwhelmed and stressed about your concerns anyways, so why not leave it to a pro, who can probably do a better job in digging up some dirt on your spouse.
Every situation is different, so the cheating spouse investigation may vary based on your needs. Be very specific and thorough with your private investigator, because they will need as much information as possible to do their research effectively. Keep in mind that there are laws in place, so they’re unable to take certain actions such as:
- Act as law enforcement
- Use wire tap
- Obtain cell phone records without consent
- Tamper with mail
- Trespass private property
- Hack personal accounts
However, here are some means they use to conduct their investigations:
- Search public records, such as run background check, social media and search engines.
- Set up hidden cameras and obtain access to surveillance.
- Use GPS tracking to track their every move and see where they’re going.
- Use a decoy to tempt the cheating spouse and see if they will fall for the bait.
- Work with other investigators and lawyers to help them with their investigations.
Hiring a cheating spouse spy or private investigator is definitely a solid means to obtain all the evidence you need to confront your spouse who is cheating on you. These are professionals, so they can conduct an investigation without the risk of your spouse finding out that you are monitoring them. Private detectives have a fiduciary responsibility when you hire them, so they will provide a truthful and accurate report of their findings. We have Boots on the ground 24/7 in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
Consider A True P.I. to investigate your spouse and find out the truth about their secret activities. We will provide a free consultation if you need help.
Give us a call today at 1-888-9-TRUEPI (87-8374) to set up an appointment with a specialist today!